By Michelle Gellis MAc LAc DiplAc
1) It is not some trendy new procedure. Cosmetic acupuncture has been used since the Sung Dynasty (960-1279 AD) and kept the empress looking youthful. By inserting needles into specific points on the face, acupuncturists can stimulate collagen turnover and blood flow to nourish the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
2) Acne, melasma, dermatitis, scars, age spots and eczema can all be treated with acupuncture. Your acupuncturist can treat the skin concern locally (on or around it) and/or via the meridians connected to the concern.
3) Many skin issues are related to hormone imbalances and Acupuncture is a safe effective way to balance your hormones.
4) Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is much more than a cosmetic procedure. Acupuncture changes the energy flow within the body and initiates the process for constitutional rejuvenation. If energy is not flowing freely throughout your body then your organs, muscles and lymphatic system cannot function properly, which can contribute to puffiness, bags and premature aging.
5) Chinese medicine is based on the principle that health is manifested from the inside out. Using this Holistic approach not only do your frown lines disappear, you feel better overall, sleep better, you have more energy and better digestion.
6) Botox, fillers and surgical procedure are not natural. Acupuncture is. Choosing a natural method that promotes energy in the body is the best way to get results.
7) You won’t feel bad about your neck! Facial Acupuncture can firm jowls and minimize a double chin.
8) It provides a relaxing break in your week. The procedure is very calming, during the time you are on the table you will decompress, fall asleep and wake feeling clearheaded and serene
9) You may see the world more clearly. By treating the facial muscles, and using techniques such as facial cupping and Gua Sha saggy lids can be lifted and puffy under eyes can be diminished.
10) Research has shown that in addition to decreasing wrinkle formation, and inhibiting collagen fiber loss, Acupuncture protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation damage (See more Here.)